Domestic Transformer

Ken, this is up your alley.

RicodJour

You don't get YouTube...? It's just another web site. I don't understand - explain, please.

The transformer apartment is taken so much further than the typical 'double duty' or convertible space. Makes me wonder how much it cost to build it. It's gotta be in the stratosphere as far as $/SF.

RicodJour

As you know there are more drawbacks with this sort of thing than benefit, lack of electrical resources for example. That's why you only see this stuff in places where there is no other option, sort of like being in a jail cell.

Reply to
creative1986

Well, there's the internet satellite, as long as you don't mind the $80/mth fee. So between out internet satellite and our TV satellite we are spending about $160/mth. And no, there is no comparison between the internet satellite (Hughes) and any other form of broadband. In fact at times its downright horrendous and usually when you need it the most. We rarely have problems with the TV dish (Dish Network).

Reply to
creative1986

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the lack of electrical resources (receptacles?), but anytime resources are in short supply people go outside the box. There aren't too many skyscrapers in Kansas. I think the idea fits in with a lot of people's philosophy - you don't necessarily need more space to have more. There was some SF story or other I read years ago where the planet was so crowded that people worked three shifts everywhere, and the apartments expanded or contracted depending on whether the people were home or not. I like the idea.

RicodJour