Ken & WW

Ken, you need a 3D printer and have to slap some wheels on the house.

WW, I think you'll appreciate some aspects of this, and absolutely abhor some others. Which wins out? Net positive or negative?

RicodJour

Odd - coulda sworn I'd pasted the link...

RicodJour

It looks like the ladder is on the high side of the roof. There's a wrap around deck on two sides of your place, IIRC - why not have a shorter ladder from the low side and up on the deck?

I like things doing double duty - like a combination pergola/trellis/ RALF.

I was going to suggest a fireman's pole for descending, but after looking at that picture...DON'T DO IT.

RicodJour

If you had consulted with me before embarking on your RALF project, I would have pointed you towards this:

|s4=3D4_8 Essentially two nesting L-shaped cross sections for the uprights, that conceal the bolt-hinged ladder rungs when the ladder is folded. Many advantages to this for your scenario, including making the ladder much less obtrusive, easier to move and store, lockable in the closed position to limit roof access (don't want any cat burglars catting around up there, do you?), etc.

Define pink - and is 'flower' a euphemism?

If you buy a brass pole strippers will visit unannounced.

RicodJour

It's all pink, when the lights are out. That eco thing has more than a few BIG hurdles but I do like the earth- moon-earth bounce thing, and the first comment to make it a hovercraft. Ken is gonna use the RALF as a raccoon trap. Lure them to the roof with some 3 week old refried beans then hide the ladder and sit back and enjoy the Kelowna Woodland Symphony.

Reply to
creative1986