Subject Author Posted Replies

New Mashines for in the wood
just look 404 - Not Found

Applying a finish to European Beech
Has anyone had much experience with applying a finish to European Beech? It's a very hard wood and seems to blotch. So far I am leaning towards using a Danish Oil with a cherry color to it. Does...
3
3

Torsion Box Shelves
I have the need to for some very long shelves in the garage to hold a bunch of stuff that has been gathering all over the place but I also would like to have a fairly wide space between the shelf...
6
6

INSPIRATION - Ukuleie
I wouldn't make one myself. Most of you probably won't recall him, but back with I, and television, were young, and stations were few, they had a guy named Arthur Godfrey on. He'd plunk on one of...
19
19

CHILDREN'S FURNITURE PROJECTS - PDF
do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pdf/ChildsRocker.pdfJOAT

CHAMFER PLANE - PDF
do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://people.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle/woodworking/images/chamfer_plane.pdfJOATI

Tired of sawdust
I need to isolate my woodworking from my other hobbies. I have a 60'x60' shop of which 40'x60' still has some flexibility left. I would like to partition some of it for woodworking. What would be a...
13
13

Stripping black lacquered bamboo
A friend has a 60 year old table made in the Philippines. It isn't very well made, but is his only remembrance of his father. It is in sad condition and he would like me to refinish it. The top is...
1
1

Barely on topic - comic strip ; The Buckets
Dose anybody get "The Buckets" in their local wood pulp daily? Since Tuesday the youngest kid has discovered that trees are made from wood. Today's strip shows him asking his dad if they make trees...
1
1

OT - Computer Mouse
do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://www.zbp.univie.ac.at/gj/vortrag/MOUSE.GIFJOATI
4
4

Share your accidents and close-calls so others can learn from them?
I wanted to urge people to use protective eye gear with my quick story of a near-miss. Then I figured that what I really wanted was to read of other's mishaps and close-calls to know what is...
60
60

Grizzly Bandsaws with 2 DC ports?
I just got my G0514X and figured I would get around to Ying the DC one of these days; so I just connected to the top port. I sliced off a couple pieces of 12" oak (like a knife though butter!). There...
3
3

Best way to saw 4x4 posts?
Hello fellow woodworkers :) Im making a fence with 4x4 posts. Is it possible to saw them using a handsaw with almost or perfect result? What kind of handsaw do I need? Yours Sincerely Tom
16
16

Mixing UF Glue (Unibond)
I've been using Unibond 800 in small batches (4 ounces or so) for lamination work. Mixing by hand in a plastic cup with a wooden stick (tongue depressor) has been sufficient. This morning, I had...
7
7

wood choices- would you do this?
Hello All, I finished my curly cherry bed a few weeks ago (and I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how) and now I started on a matching set of night stands. I have several feet of 12 inch...
5
5