Plastic wheels for wood toys?

I've made a number of wood toys for my daughter (well, about 20 years ago) using wood wheels and axle pins. Lately, I bought my one-year- old granddaughter a set of three toy vehicles that use plastic wheels. Does anyone know of a source for such items? It would seem to me that properly painted wood toys with brightly colored plastic wheels would be just the thing for a little one of that age. Thanks.

Reply to
1940lasalle

If you look down the hardware aisle at home depot, you can find some plastic wheels. They are made for the tops of screen doors... but they are in the hardware repair area, not the door aisle.

They also had some plastic rollers with ball bearings in them for the bottoms of patio doors.

Hope that helped.

mail3277198
1940lasalle wrote in news:1186854981.090270.41830 @57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

You might want to check at hobby shops and craft stores. (Look in the yellow pages under "hobby shop.") You may find exactly what you're looking for.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Not plastic, but this mob have pre-painted wooden wheels

John B