Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? CXCII
Just posted the latest set: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
25

Wooden instrument cases designed to absorb moisture & prevent rust
Measuring tools and instruments often come in wooden cases. I've seen mahogany, birch, poplar, pine, and several other woods used. The idea is that the case will absorb moisture from the tool and...
8
8

master carpenter in South Georgia
I talked to a friend the other day. Completed a new house near Augusta. Purchased a mantel for his fire place made from salvage pine cut before the civil war but discovered bugs coming out of it after...
4
4

K.I.S.S.
Or KISS, if you prefer. Whchi means keep It Simple Stupid, for those few not in the know. I'm figuring on making a chess board out of some of the oak flooring my older son donated to me. Simple...
6
6

JET bandsaws
Is JET a decent company for making bandsaws, or are they a cheap chinese knockoff company? Or heck are they a cheap American knockoff company. I noticed on their webpage that they list themselves as...
49
49

Advice on a joint please...
Hi All, I'm new here, and new to woodworking in general. My first real project is under way and I'll have a few questions as I go, so here's the first... My project is a music stand for myself. Store...
21
21

FA: Two New 1/2" Chucks.Starting at $1
I have two new 1/2" Chucks up for auction. One Keyless Jacobs "Hand Tite" and one Golden Goose. The Golden Goose is Taiwanese, but looks robust. The auction on both starts at $1 Thanks for looking...
19
19

not a gloat, but....
So today I just got back from a little road trip with a rental truck full of machines. *probably '70s vintage with very low running time: a rockwell 16" radial arm saw and a rockwell 12/14 tablesaw a...
2
2

The Latest RAVE - Riving Knives - DUH!
The Popular Woodworking E-News jumped on the Riving Knife bandwagon that seems to be the latest RAVE. OOOOOOH! A NEW discovery! "Look - the NEW Bosch contractors saw has - A RIVING KNIFE!" Are...
4
4

Invisible water!!!!
Invisible water!!!! movie shows a very innovative technique of invisible water... enjoy!!!! http://www.coolvids.info/tricks-movies/invisible-water/index.htmlThe
4
4

Auction in Marysville, OH
A friendly notice to any woodworkers in the central Ohio area. There is an auction Saturday August 11th that apparently contains a lot of woodworking equipment. has all of the details. I have no...

Best jointing glue.
I wish to make a board eight feet long and 16" wide. I shall use purchased red oak from HD or Lowe's. I believe this comes in boards or planks up to 8" wide. I shall use biscuits for the jointing and...
24
24

Bandsaw choices?
I'm looking into a new bandsaw. Any opinions from the group would be appreciated. Have you read the review in the current FWW? Their top choices are a Laguna & a Grizzly. Laguna is pricey (maybe worth...
16
16

8-1/2 inch joiner blades?
I need a source of joiner blades 8-1/2" X 1" X 1/8". I just acquired an old joiner a lady whose husband had died. It suffered from her willingness to let her cats live in the woodshop after he passed...
6
6

Please help - Mexican Furniture Phenomenon!
Hi Im hope someone here can help...Ive scoured the internet but have come up with nothing... I own a number of pieces of Mexican pine (the heavy/solid stuff). It is in a room with other 'non mexican...
18
18