The Illusionist

Did any of you see the movie? If so, surely the locket in there would have gotten your attention.

Any ideas how one like that 'wood' be made?

Reply to
Kate

I am a bit confused. Why do you say it would be impossible to make ? Puff

"Sam Soltan" wrote in message news:h_Odnfq9kaPI7iLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Don't post photos in this newsgroup.

Reply to
Charley

Don't worry about it -- you can't, even if you try. News servers strip attachments from posts in non-binary groups.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You can't build a usable one exactly as shown in the movie. They used two different props: one that rotates and one that slides open.

Reply to
grubertm

That was what I was trying to show,

Reply to
Sam Soltan

On a more positive note, you should be able to create something similar: instead of having the heart slide open in one piece, use two hinges so that both halves of the heart slide open separately. You can then put another hinge in to join the two pieces. Of course when you put a photo in there it will be all torn up ;-)

Here's a clip of that locket :

grubertm

it:

Buddy Matlosz

I saw all the attachments, and I wasn't trying.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Who would have thought?

Well here are some sketches for an all-wood construction :

grubertm

Thanks Guys! I might have a go at it sometime after I get finished with this house!

Reply to
Kate

I'd skip all that fancy stuff, and just use small supermagnets to hold the pieces together.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol