Yeah - it's gloatable

...even if it's a GMC Miter Saw and a Tradesman Brad Nailer.

Our local Lowe's here seems to be on a GMC/Tradesman-Rexon purge. The 10" GMC Compound Miter Saw 'Redeye' was $19.75. Likely pure junk for fine work, but I knew of a coworker trying to finish his whole basement with a circular saw. So I grabbed one for him. Heck, even if it Harbor-Freight- Explodes after a month, it'll have saved him some pain.

The 1 1/4" "Magnesium" Tradesman 18g Brad Nailer was $17. Grabbed that for myself, as my venerable HF 46309 $19.99 18g nailer had finally started jamming after several years of (light but) reliable use.

I popped in another Lowes a dozen or so miles away and their stuff was not on a Fire Sale, so I have no idea if this is local, regional or national.

One can only hope that Lowes has seen the light and will pull their house- brand stuff from the shelves and reload the good stuff, I guess.

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

For twenty bucks, it has to be OK for whacking the ends off 2 x 4s. Did it come with a blade? Even that has to be $5 for one that is going to get ruined on some rough work.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yep - 40T carbide. I'm sure just like a WWII... :)

Reply to
patrick conroy

They appear to have come to their senses on these terrible tool choices. Our local store is purging all that crap as we speak.

The brad nailers might be a good deal. A CMS for $19 is probably about what it's worth.

Patrick C> ...even if it's a GMC Miter Saw and a Tradesman Brad Nailer.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Heck, yeah, for $20 I'd buy one just to lend out to people or to keep in the garage, etc. I wouldn't try to install crown moulding or anything, but that's a good deal.

Reply to
bf