Work bench gloat

Went to an auction saturday. Lots of mostly older stuff (woodworking tools and a lot of KATY RR collectables). I did pick up 10 pipe clamps for a song, but the catch of the day was the table the RR stuff was on. For a mere $5 I got a solid OAK conference table 4' wide and 10 (yes ten) feet long! Took 4 of us to walk it on to my trailer. Now, to build a base......

Reply to
Steve Barker

Sounds like a great fine to me. Congrats. My workbench is 4'x8". I used 4x6 posts at the corners and made it so that it has two shelves of 3/4" plywood. One shelf is where I have a bunch of plastic storage totes. The other shelf is where I store excess lumber. So most of my wood is actually under my workbench.

Enjoy your new top.

Rob

Reply to
rlz

For a mere $5 I got a solid OAK conference table 4' wide and 10 (yes > ten= ) feet long! =A0

At first, I read that as $51. Even that would have been a steal. Great fi= nd!

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny