Work bench side clamps

I suppose this project itself should be in metalworking, but I made these for my woodworking table. Gives me access to one surface of a board without a clamp getting in the way: 'DIY: Make Your Own Side Clamps for Your Work Bench'

Casey

Reply to
CostaRicaEnvy

for my woodworking table. Gives me access to one surface of a board withou= t a clamp getting in the way: 'DIY: Make Your Own Side Clamps for Your Work= Bench'

- Casey -- CostaRicaEnvy

Why wouldn't you just use regular bench dogs? You generally clamp the ends= of the boards with bench dogs. Instead of the sides with your clamps. On= e of those woodworking companies that makes vises and planes and chisels in= Canada, also makes adjustable bench dogs. Has a dog with a screw head on = it. So with a row of holes along the front of your bench, you put a fixed = dog in one hole, then the metal adjustable dog in the other, and use the sc= rew to tighten the wood between the stops. Costs about $40 I think.

russellseaton1