Did anyone here try and get this gloat?

I almost bought a huge stack of rough, 12/4 maple yesterday some pieces up to 22" across and all about 10' long. Pile (20 pieces) went for about $100 at auction!

Available were 2 similar piles of maple, a pile of beech, a smaller pile of KD oak and a pile of walnut. The walnut pile went for $60 IIRC.

Would have required me to buy a big bandsaw, real jointer and a planer. Hence I bid accordingly and did not get the wood.

Anyone else here see this stuff?

It was at Wolgemuth auction in Leola, PA

No