Do you show your wife project plans in the hopes that she'll let you buy that NEEDED piece of equipment?

I know it might be evil, but whenever I really need something I just show the wife a few plans for something (Like some mission furniture) and bam!! she says ok lets do it.....

Reply to
Modat22

When my wife realized she could be on Block Island, Nantucket, or outer Cape Cod beaches in an hour, from Connecticut, she let me buy an airplane.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I just tell her the alimony check will be a little short this month because I had some "unexpected expenses" ;^)

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

That's how I pick my projects, based upon what new tool I will need. I try not to pick projects that will require multiple major purchases at once.

I am in need of

1) A 'real' jointer 8"+ long bed. 2) planer 3) bandsaw 4) a 'real' drill press

I have done a lot with a baby jointer, DP, no planer, no band saw.

I almost bought a huge stack of rough, 12/4 maple yesterday some pieces up to 22' across and all about 10' long. Pile (20 pieces) went for about $100 at auction!

Available were 2 similar piles of maple, a pile of beech, a smaller pile of KD oak and a pile of walnut. The walnut went for $60 IIRC.

Would have required me to buy bandsaw, real jointer and a planer. Hence I bid accordingly.

Was that anyone here, just waiting to post their gloat? Did anyone here see those piles?

Auction was

in Leola, PA. Next auction in August.

Reply to
No

Hi Modat,

I think that you and I were both fortunate enought to marry someone who is much smarter than us and who even more readily recognized the payoff in such small (tool) investments!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Pay half with a personal check, and put the rest on the credit card. That way the wife thinks it wasn't too expensive (only sees the CC bill).

But it don't work though. My honesty always comes forth somehow

Reply to
dean

Reply to
George Max