A sad wood gloat

Went to an auction today. All the woodworking equipment was old and junky, but there huge piles of wood. I bought 300 bf of mixed maple, birch, walnut for $120. Okay, 100 bf of it wasn't very good (in fact, I abandoned it there because the van was pretty full), but that is still $0.60/bf for the stuff that was good. And mixed in were three pieces of very nice ambrosia and one piece of 7/4 spalted maple.

The sad part is that there was another 3000bf I didn't buy, that went for equally low prices; but I bought all I thought I could get home and store. (about half the remaining was crap; but that left a lot of good wood.)

First really good auction I have been to in a while. Well, 3 months ago I bought 3 great cherry burls for $25 each, but I had to drive 130 miles to get to it, so I am not sure it could be called really good.

Reply to
Toller