Woodworking show - SF Bay area Report

Went to the Sacramento show this weekend. Noticed that there weren't a lot of people in the hall. After walking around to get a sense who/what was there, I found the answer - the show was about 30% (my estimate) smaller then last year's. No real big vendor. The lack of a crowd and limited vendors, did give me a chance to get a more up close view of some of the tools I'd like to buy. One was the Trend mortise/tenon jig - real nice. Didn't buy it because I have enough tools that I don't use at the moment and the $275 price was JUST outside the budget right now.

I also had a chance to look at the Mini-Max 20" bandsaw. What a big thing this is. Looks solid.

Anyways, I suspect that the Santa Clara show will be also a bit "light". Or not. Perhaps the exhibitors felt that they would only do ONE show in the area and Santa Clara will be it. Dave Marks will be doing seminars at the SC show and perhaps that will draw people.

Anyone go to the Sac show and have a different or similar view?

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjwallace

Can you tell me when the Santa Clara show is going to be?

Al Holstein

Reply to
Al Holstein

On 18 Apr 2005 23:10:23 -0700, the inscrutable "Al Holstein" spake:

This coming weekend. I just saw it this morning.

the whole set! + Website design and graphics =========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques