Shared woodworking space in SF Bay Area

I'm moving to the Bay Area soon and would like to rent some small industrial office park space (1000sq ft?) for a wood shop to share between a couple woodworkers who would like to have a bit more space than a garage can afford (or a condo for those like me :). Somewhere in Silicon Valley, most likely - South San Francisco has a promsing spot. Has anyone heard of this being done, experiences good or bad? Is anyone interested? I'm open to advice, suggestions, etc.

Reply to
gnachman

SSF and Silicon Valley are almost an hour apart. What city will you be living and working in. Rents are very expensive in the Bay Area. We rented a shop out in a bad area of SF and it worked out well but the two of us were business partners. A group of 5 people tried to rent a warehouse and we just couldn't get it together and we all knew each other well. Right now on Craigslist.org there is a shop in San Jose that someone is trying to rent pretty cheap. You might check that out. I can also recommend a place in SF if you need it. max

Reply to
max

I'll probably be living in SF and working in Mtn View (yes, I know the commute will suck), so as far as I'm concerned anything between those two points is acceptable. Would be nice to have it closer to home, hence SSF.

I can't find the shop you're talking about in San Jose. Can you tell me what to search for?

month for access to a shop like this? Rent for the warehouse would be about $750 from what I've seen (not counting utilities, etc.).

Reply to
gnachman

There are several woodworking and artisan co-ops in the near east bay (Emeryville, Berkely, Oakland). They all advertise space on Craigs list.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

And here is one in South city

SonomaProducts.com

Wow, that is exactly what I need. Craig needs to improve his search to search all categories :). Thanks for your help!

Reply to
georgenachman

I am looking for same ! Local handyman, and I need a small, reasonably priced place to do w.w. and other fabrication.

Reply to
Atomscriber

my buddy do woodworking as a hobby and have been looking for a space to move into, vs. our own 1 car garage space. we're willing to share the space with a few others. let me know if you ever find a space.

Reply to
Mike