The VERY best woodworking show

I know there's been some discussion about the sorry state of the national w oodworking shows - I can recall going to one in the 1990's that was just a treat. But here's a great alternative - Woodworking in America put on by Po p Woodworking. High end vendors, wonderful and enlightening seminars and th e ability to see various woodworking icons just walking around (Roy Underhi ll, Chris Schwarz, Marc Spagnolo, etc.). Very little or no "cheap stuff", j ust honest to goodness wood tools and seminars.

There is no link for the 2017 show, but here's one that sort looks back at

2016 and 2015, so you can get the idea.

Now, this isn't cheap and you have to fly to Kentucky via Cincinnati (I be lieve), but if you live near by or within driving distance, it's great. I w as fortunate enough to go to the show they did in Pasadena CA years ago and wish I could do it again soon.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

Thank you, MJ! According to the following link, there is no 2017 "Woodworking in America" in favor of "Handworks", this year:

Bill

Not sure it can be found on the web any longer, but Chris Schwarz (former editor of Popular Woodworking) referred to my club's annual "Woodworkers Showcase" as his favorite woodworking show. He said that several times over the years... He also presented there. The first time I saw Chris at the show he was talking to Tom L-N at the L-N booth. The next time Chris was there he presented... Doug Stowe was also there to present for the first time.

Come to Showcase! ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin