vintage clamps .. ?

... or something made-to-look vintage ?

What would these be used for ?

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Being sold by Shelley Edison & Co. See her Facebook page. She should get some sort of history of an item, she collects.... I would think... in order to better promote it, than what she did/does.

It doesn't look worn or abused. Paper or leather (soft goods?) press, of some kind? I have no clue.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Looking at the picture I would say not vintage, color on the handles looks to uniform.

Reply to
Markem

Looks like they are intended to clamp a curved object that needs clamping pressure at close intervals. A musical instrument of some kind comes to mind.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Those are violin clamps:

DerbyDad03

BTW...some folks make their own spool clamps instead of using official violin clamps.

Yes, I know that that isn't a violin. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thank You ! Another post mentioned instrument making - I was google-image-searching "curved wood clamps" and such - to no avail. John T.

Reply to
hubops