Woodworker interrogated by Secret Service

"Tom Francois has been a high-end cabinet maker for 38 years. When his business started to suffer after the recession, he became vocal on Twitter and Facebook about President Obama's policies... there is nothing close to resembling a death threat among his many posts. Yet the Secret Service showed up at Tom's door anyway. After they were done with Tom, they paid a visit to his daughter, and his ex-wife."

I bet he HOPES the Secret Service is "done with [him]".

Reply to
HeyBub

Yeah-- and next month when he takes a pot shot at some official and the SS never looked at him, you would hold it up as an example of how incompetent the administration is.

Did you look at his twitter page? He is certifiable-

Shame, too- because if those are really his projects, he is a damn fine cabinetmaker.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

er.com/Tom_Francois

Good points. My first reaction was there must be more to this than the guy just being vocal about the presidents polices. I didn't look at any more than that first page of twitter to get an idea of what he's spewing. Didn't see anything about policy, just vile name calling and hate. You would hope that a reporter would make some of that evident in the story.....

Reply to
trader4

certifiable-

But that wouldn't sell any newspapers- The Examiner is a bit like our Globe, I think. just fewer alien abduction stories.

When you and I agree on someone's 'politics' [or lack of] being nuts-- the men in the white coats can't be far behind.

The shame is- that the guy is likely a good woodworker whose business went south for any of a million reasons, and as soon as he started blaming someone else instead of trying to correct the problem he started alienating customers. . . making his business slide further and convincing him that it was someone else's fault.. . . and so on-

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

So why hasn't the Secret Service showed up here:

488 NW 17th Pl Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311

That's the home of Scott Allen Salberg - aka "US Judges are the enemy".

He probably doesn't post to rec.woodworking, but his posts to alt.home.repair are real eye-openers.

Reply to
Home Guy

I find odd that P.L.L.C.F. wished death and destruction on President Bush but never made any direct threats so they were never interrogated by The Secret Service for exercising their right of free speech. Now we have someone in The White House who has demonstrated his wish to "change", i.e., destroy our country by making it weaker by turning it into something like a small European country that isn't feared by any other country so they can ignore our objections to their actions. So along comes a citizen who voices his opinion that The Obama Administration is a group of criminals and should one day face justice. His exercise of his right to free speech is considered a threat by the secret police who mean to eliminate dissent among the citizenry. Gee, we're experiencing "change" in our country but it's the wrong kind. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

tter.com/Tom_Francois

Sounds a lot like you then?

Reply to
harry

That's one of the 'How's that hopey, changey thing working out for you?' questions Sarah Palin keeps asking her audiences.

Reply to
willshak

I'm still amazed at how nasty the P.L.L.C.F. were to Sara Palin. I think they're still terrified of her. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Heat/Kitchen. Much of Sara's woe's were self generated although she did get a lot of assistance from the GOP.

Reply to
NotMe

Yea, the P.L.L.C.F. brought a lot of legal action against her in an attempt to bankrupt her and her family. One of the P.L.L.C.F. even moved into town to spy on her and find anything to harass her with. The P.L.L.C.F. are terrified of any woman who is conservative and gets into politics. Those creeps believe women are only supposed to be Liberal Democrats. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'm still amazed at how nasty the P.L.L.C.F. were to Sara Palin. I think

they're still terrified of her. O_o

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The shame is- that the guy is likely a good woodworker whose business went south for any of a million reasons, and as soon as he started blaming someone else instead of trying to correct the problem he started alienating customers. . . making his business slide further and convincing him that it was someone else's fault.. . . and so on-

Jim

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The person in the White House has been blaming ever one else for his failed policy for 5 years, and seems to be getting away with it. So it works for some things

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

The person in the White House has been blaming ever one else for his failed policy for 5 years, and seems to be getting away with it. So it works for some things

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OK, I give. WTF is a P.L.L.C.F.? Google offers up something about a metabolism problem and references by some of the same folks using that abbreviation here. Could it be a right wing reference to some left wing group? Curiouser and curiouser.

mahalo? jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

P.L.L.C.F. = Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak,s. It saves a lot of typing and is most descriptive of Obama worshipers. You must know that I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats are special, they horrify me. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Must you insult the Globe like that? The Examiner is one of the shoddiest excuses for an on-line news source I have ever seen. We know nothing of the SS's side of the story and that's just bad journalism. We just have Tom's side of the story. Does anyone think if Jared Loughner gave an interview that he would blame himself for anything?

It's very possible the SS got hold of copies of private email exchanges that do contain threatening statements. We just don't really know and the Examiner seems not to care other than to raise same old war cry: "Look what that bad, bad boy Barack did NOW!!!!!" I doubt Obama even knew of it or any of the over 400 threats (last time I looked) the Whitehouse receives every day.

Yeah. Who kidnapped the real Trader and replaced him with this sensible person? (-:

My psychologist friend in Oz tells me that hatred of the President (Bush, Obama, whomever) has a lot to do with people's issues with authority and their relationship with their father. As people with illnesses like schizophrenia descend deeper into the disease, they tend to become more and more resentful of authority figures.

That's why the Pope's got his Pope-mobile. It's not just Presidents, it's premiers, popes, political leaders and anyone whom a mentally ill person can fixate on as the cause of their troubles. That often includes groups of people. In Germany, it was the Jews. In Italy, it's the Roma. In Japan, it's the Koreans, etc. It America, now, it seems to be Hispanics although it's been a lot of other groups is the past, from Native American to Italian to Irish.

So we don't know the mental state of this Tom guy (and maybe the SS *does* know via PRISM). So no one knows what really triggered the visit from the SS other than Tom's (likely to be biased) self-reported data about the incident. It's important to remember in the recent ricin arrests the real perpetrator went through great lengths to try to make it appear as if someone else had sent the letters.

Reply to
Robert Green

That same trend is visible in some posters here who claim they can't thrive in their businesses because of Obama's policies and yet they spend long hours here starting thread after thread after thread about OT bullshi+. Any person whose business is in trouble can't afford the luxury of being a full-time internet pundit. A prudent person would hike up their pants and get to work marketing and finding other ways to improve their situation. I can name at least five here in AHR who I would fire from any subordinate position I managed just because of their obvious internet addiction and lack of proper socialization.

That cabinetmaker made his own bed with his inattention to his core business, his internet/Twitter addiction and his pretty virulent hate speech and unusual photoshop work.

With the recent mailing of ricin-laden letters to the Whitehouse from unhappy internet posters, I'd say excess caution is warranted. Whether they realize it or not, the last thing right-wingers really want is for someone to kill Obama and elevate him into a martyr and Biden to President.

As you keenly pointed out, if the SS failed to investigate and something

*did* happen, the Republicans would be holding fault-finding hearing from now until eternity, trying to pin the blame on their favorite patsies, Eric Holder and Hillary Clinton.
Reply to
Robert Green

like I said heat/kitchen. Then much of her problems were self inflicted some before she came to McCain's attention some afterward.

Reply to
NotMe