Secret poison

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

Reply to
F Murtz

You have to give me the secret handshake before I can tell you.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Ok I am shaking. We are trying to kill a pine tree. All help appreciated. MJ

Reply to
mj

Probably Tree and Blackberry and other woody weed herbicide with the active ingredient being Triclopyr.

Reply to
FarmI

I just looked at my fathers poison cupboard and found blackberry and tree killer with triclopyr and one with 2.4.5 T. Is the second one the one they banned ? or are they both banned in australia? Would the 245T one be the better killer?

Reply to
F Murtz

Hmmm. I can't tell you I'm afraid. I do recall being surprised when I learned that "Agent Orange" (or a close look alike) was still approved for agricultural use in Oz but I can't recall whether Agent Orange involved 245T or 245D or both of them. I did know at the time but it's now slipped my memory banks.

I'd suggest you do a google to find out.

I've never used 245T so also can't comment on its effectiveness. I have used Triclopyr and I know that it works. I use it with a paint brush as I don't want stuff of tree killing strength to get anywhere but the target plant.

Reply to
FarmI