Woodworker 2 table saw blade / Opinions?

At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

Reply to
KIMOSABE

Used one for the last 15 years and am happy with it.

Reply to
Norvin Gordon

If you get a single response saying that the Woodworker II is anything but a stellar performer, I'll be surprised. I have one and I suspect dozens of others here do as well. It's worth every penny.

Reply to
Steve Turner

I have been using that blade, "regular kerf" for 10+ years. I have two, I switch them out when one goes back to Forrest for sharpening and bringing back to factory specs. Wouldn't want to be with out one.

I literally use it for "all" of my fine cuts including all ripping.

Reply to
Leon

I have had two for beaucoup years, fixing to buy another, and would not be without any of them.

Reply to
Swingman

Great blade. They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf rather than a V. You might like that one even better.

That said, I'm now running the Freud Fusion blade and it seems to be as good except the last time I looked it wasn't available with a flat kerf. That may have changed.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I have 2 blades, as well. I use cheap blades (from the Box stores), for "utility" sawing, on one tablesaw and the WWII blades are used on my other saw, for fine/finish cutting.

I, also, use the WWII 8" blades on my Sawbuck.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

WWII's regularly get the best ratings whenever one of the woodworking magazines does a comparison. I'm sure you'll get nothing but high marks from the folks here.

I've got 2 and rotate them for sharpenings. I've also got two Forrest Chopmasters for my SCMS and am equally pleased with them.

~Mark.

Reply to
Woody

Got one for Christmas this year. Couldn't believe the difference between that and a Freud glue line rip blade. I'm actually kind of scared to use it as it gives such a nice cut. Don't want to wear it out. But when you look at the price of a WW2 versus a Freud it is worth the money.

Allen

Reply to
allen476

No need to worry about "wearing it out." Forrest's sharpening/repair service will re-sharpen it to like new quality and they will replace any missing/damaged carbide tips as well.

~Mark.

Reply to
Woody

TOp niotch blade. I've had mine >7 yrs and would buy another one.,

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

I have a 40T regular kerf WWII blade. It is great. I also have a 40T regular kerf blade from Ridge Carbide. It is just as good as the WWII or, perhaps, a tad better. Kinda like "there are Ford men and Chevy men". Take your pick.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Leonhardt

My only question would be longevity. My current WWII's have been sharpened four times a piece over about an 8 year period and are like new when returned from Forrest.

As that could be a deciding factor, anyone have any experience with Ridge Carbide in that regard?

Reply to
Swingman

It is, if not THE best, one of the very best all purpose blades available. I have used a few others that cut just as well when new, but the WW2 will continue to make smooth clean cuts when the others would have been ready for resharpening. BTW, Forrest has a very good resharpening service and they will sharpen blades from other manufacturers also.

Reply to
Larry W

Here's another vote for the WW-II. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

"Swingman" wrote

I've only had my Ridge Carbide sharpened once so far but I don't see any reason it could not take multiple sharpening

IMO, the best blades around are the WWII mentioned, the Ridge, and one of the Infinity. I bought the Ridge at a show and got a good deal with a dado blade and I've been happy with both..

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you have a contractors saw, get the thin kerf version. I had the thick kerf version and returned it for a thin kerf version. A world of difference

Mitch

Reply to
Amy Barker

Ridge provides sharpening, with a fast turn-around, and the blade comes back like new.

Reply to
Bill Leonhardt

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. I'd like to get a "special grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

Irish O'Bama

number on the home page. I'm going to call during the week.

Reply to
KIMOSABE