Woodworker 2 table saw blade / Opinions?

You can get them directly from Forrest (WW10401125 - $124.20):

krw

#6 grind is on their "custom blades" page:

#6 grind is not perfectly flat; there will be a small "ear" on each side of the kerf.

The #1 grind is even more "special" in that the kerf is perfectly flat, but I believe it is not suitable for use as a general purpose blade.

You can get a better price for the Forrest WWII here

Jim Weisgram

they're dull) you can turn them into lovely, quaint wall clocks.

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Dull" meaning "after a few of the teeth fly off at the most inopportune time"? At that price I think I'd be afraid to even fire that blade up...

Reply to
Steve Turner

"C2 tungsten carbide"

C2? Isn't Rosewood harder than C2? :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Maybe, but the blade is on sale. Did you see the fantastic price reduction. List price is $8.00, on sale for $7.97 What a bargain

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But they don't make them to fit a Festeringtool.

Reply to
krw

Reply to
KIMOSABE

Nah, they're actually fairly good blades. I've run through 4 or 5 in the past decade and nary a tooth has gone missing on me. Oh, I've had a couple more on a Delta miter saw. Make that 7. They're cheaper to buy than having a better blade sharpened.

Some day I'll buy a real saw blade, but these are OK until then.

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

there this morning). Woodcraft had the WW-II #1 grind in the store. They don't show it online, but they had one in stock (and four of five of the standard grind models).

Reply to
krw