Who stores empty boxes?

Amazon is highlighting the Hyloft storage shelf in a Spring Cleanup campaign:

With a max weight load capacity of 250 pounds, I'd think one would quickly hit that limit but still have space on the rack left over. Just look at all those boxes, coolers and storage bins the thing holds!

I think most people would keep piling stuff on the rack until it was full... I hope they lag it into joists too...

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

My ex always had her "box of boxes". A giant appliance box full of everything from largish corrugated boxes to shirt boxes to ring boxes. Never can tell when you might need one... Of course this thing had a 16 sq.ft. footprint and was only 4 feet tall. Did I say ex?... zorp, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

That's a great price for the system. I almost paid more for a single HyLoft Jr. unit! Here's a review of the system if interested:

Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
6 Reviews:

- WoodHaven Biscuit Master

- Veritas Saddle Square

- EZ Smart Guide System

- Ryobi EBS1310VK Belt Sander

- Incra V27 Miter Gauge

- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner

Woodcrafter

Well now hold on one gosh darned minute... The Hyloft pic I posted the link to is really TWO Hyloft units - no wonder it looked to me like that size storage space could easily be overloaded by most folks. (I didn't spot any notation clarifying the pic.)

The 250lb weight rating is for an area 45"x45" - not the 4'x8' looking assembly in the pic. The 250lb/45"x45" rating equates to about 17.75 lubs per sq. foot - you can't figure pounds/sq inch because the stuff would just fall right through the mesh.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

mine has a hall closet full of "we're going to need these" boxes.. *sigh*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:24:41 -0700, the inscrutable mac davis spake:

So take a box knife, cut the tape, flatten them, put them back, and place a roll of box packing tape next to the very much smaller stack.

I store the monitor and computer boxes in case something has to go back. Once the warranty is up, the box is history.

------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ----

Dynamic Website Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

When we moved from PA to AZ, homesick SWMBO hated so much (and was determined that we would move back East eventually, despite finding my dream job) that she refused to dispose of our boxes we used for moving. Most homes in AZ don't have basements (bedrock is tough to dig through), so we had little storage space. Where did all of the boxes end up? She rented a small self-storage locker. How long did we end up storing them? One year turned into five! For the money the darn storage shed rent cost, I could have bought my own box-making machinery (not to mention what tools and lumber I could have gotten). But she was determined. Where do I live now? You guessed it - PA. But at least I'm saving money on box storage - she tossed them all after we moved back (probably to make it that much more difficult to move away from here again). Oh, and as part of the deal I got a 500 sq ft shop in our walkout basement. Compromising - now that's true love.

Stu

Reply to
Electric Stu

Now where have I heard this story? Gimme a nanosecond I'm sure I can figger it out...

Reply to
WillR

no thanks.. I LIKE being married, larry.. *g*

she doesn't mess with my office or shop and I don't mess with her collection of boxes..... as long as they don't overflow into my space, of course.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:04:07 -0700, the inscrutable mac davis spake:

I suppose that's fair.