Asbestos in Storage Heaters?

I have a faulty storage heater that is about 15-20 years old. The Electricity Board engineer who looked at it would not open it as he said it likely had asbestos in it. Is this likely to be the case? If so, how do I get rid of the heater, or even move it, as I believe there are a lot of special handling restrictions on asbestos?

thanks in advance.

Reply to
DKSanders

Robert

It won't have asbestos in it. Even the huge 1970's brown fablon covered things didn't. Suggest you use a more trustworthy electrician than one from the 'leccy board. Sounds like yours couldn't be bothered as it would have meant a return visit and little profit for his beancounting masters on the swanky business park!

Reply to
impvan

Reply to
Robert