which twin laser miter saw to buy, porter cable or delta?????

The porter cable is priced at about $50 more, other than that, I see no difference. Any opinions???

?e=136&p=875thanks

Reply to
joe

I think the biggest difference in all miter saws is the ability to get back to a 90 deg cut without using your square to reset. The better a saw can do that, the better the saw, in my opinion. I'm sorry to say that I don't know about either of these in that factor, but to me that would be the first and most important question. As you said, no difference can be seen, but there will be differences under the hood.

Good luck Eide

Reply to
Eide

I have the Delta and it runs great. But I believe they are the same saw made by the same manufacturer. Only difference being the nameplate.

Mike

Reply to
Mike
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Same saw....Delta & Porter Cable are the same company....pay an extra $50 for the better name tag if you must LOL.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Take a look at the saws. Same company, not the same saw.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Reply to
Joseph Smith
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

We service them & essentially they are the same saw, a few cosmetic differences perhaps....all part of Pentair / Porter Cable / Delta past Rockwell / Beaver

Starting with the two main components 894458 Armature...same in both, 894462 Field...same in both & so on & so on. Different decals perhaps, colors & plastic identifying parts do not really make them different saws.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

The Delta 36-255L and the Porter-Cable 3802L are exactly the same saw except for the decals. The extra $50 gets you a one year warranty instead of the two year Delta warranty. Go figure...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

The two that come to my mind:

and

Are quite different, no? Maybe the motor internals are the same, but they use totally different table mechanisms. I've used both of these guys and there were serious differences.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Ah!!

NOW I GET IT!

The saws I'm thinking of are older, non-laser designs. Thanks Toolman!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I couldn't see any difference but it posed an interesting question for me. I am still using a 9" Delta Rockwell I bought in 1975. Still works great but been thinking maybe time for an upgrade. Your two choices fall in line with what I have been thinking about. When did the 1" arbor hole come along? Dumb me thought everything used the 5/8 arbor still. Come to think about it I guess that saw is the newest major tool in my shop!

Reply to
rodgerp

" The extra $50 gets you a one year warranty instead of the two year Delta warranty. Go figure."

Isn't that called Tipping the Porter for carrying your Cable?

sorry :-(

OK... Not Really :-)

Reply to
Steve
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

You are thinking of different older models I think.

But I don't wish to argue....have a great New Year!

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

That's what I figured....the links featured earlier in this thread however were to the two that are the same.....even the major table components.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN