what's this worth?

What would a Stanley No. 4 smooth plane made in USA 1910 be worth?

Reply to
mel

Probably sold for about 7-8 cents.

Reply to
ddinc

Its value depends on its condition. One place you can get an idea what it is worth by going to ebay.com and doing a search on Stanley #4 planes. There you will be able to see what like planes in similar condition to yours are actually selling for. My experience indicates that about a year ago Stanley #4 planes in near new condition were selling for $40 - $60.

Reply to
Joe Nation

Location, location, location. Around here the average #4 would be $10-15 at an antique mall. Maybe $3-10 at a yard sale. Other places may have other prices.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

I've bought about four of them from various flea markets and antique malls over the last 3-4 years. The cheapest was about $8.00. The most I paid was $12.00.

Nova

That's about what I see them for.

Reply to
CW

If ebay is a guide, less than the $40 you're thinking about ;-).

todd

Reply to
todd

Thanks Dave Im glad somebody said that besides me!

Jim

Reply to
James D. Kountz

Whatever you can get for it. It seems like there are a lot of suckers buying old crap on Ebay. Go for it!

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie G