What's Penofin?

I've been involved with Usenet since 1990 and all the groups I've hung out in have taught proper usenet etiquette through the years to anyone who would listen. The only place top posting is ok is with email.

I'm sure I just frequented a better class of groups though.

Jeff ____________________________________________ You won't notice the splinters in the ladder of success, unless you are sliding down.

Reply to
jbacke

Seems like you should improve yourself and not hang around with such riff-raff.

Ta ta

Renata

Reply to
Renata

New InstaPlonk(tmLJ) posters like Jeffy are immediately recognizable, wot?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:06:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com (Renata) pixelated:

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Jeffy?

Time to grow up Larry, you're not in grade school anymore.

Once you mature a bit more, you'll learn how to post too.

Jeff

Reply to
jbacke

Why? Because we don't feel the need to force everyone to wade through the unnecessary crap before they read the relevant points? Efficiency is obviously a concept that you are not familiar with.

Top posters are lazy.

Reply to
CW

Top posting works anywhere you want to do it (and it should be done everywhere.Keeps people from having to waste there time.)

Reply to
CW

As I understand it, the benefit of top-posting is that the reader doesn't have to read all the other stuff that came before. So, why quote any of the other stuff at all? Because if you do need to read previous posts in a thread, doing so in a top-posted thread is a PITA. Top-posters must be

*really* big fans of Memento. (ok, I am too, but they must be really, really be big fans).

todd

Reply to
todd

Personally, I don't care where a person posts their reply. I do wish everyone would edit the original message to remove the irrelevant junk though.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Jamie - I wouldn't have minded seeing more information in this thread from folks who have had experience with Penofin. It does seem popular for outdoor applications like decks - one of the better non-opaque options. I used some Western Red Cedar Penofin (90% UV protection) on an outdoor table (western red cedar) I made last spring - it seems to "bring out" the red in the cedar in contrast to the Sikkens Cetol Natural I've used which looked more yellow on another of my western red cedar projects. So far so good with the table, but not really long enough to tell much. Is the Ultra Premium 99% UV protection?

I was concerned about any of the Penofin coming off when we were eating on the new table so I added several coats of wax to the top surface a month after the Penofin was applied. - Comments anyone?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Paul,

You may have destroyed one of the best benefits of Penofin when you put the Minwax on top. Penofin just sinks into the wood. In a few fears you can just recoat it without sanding, stripping etc... I think the Minwax will need to be stripped before you can add a new coat of Penofin. I hope the minwax has a long exterior life!

Len

Reply to
leonard lopez