what's a 12 inch jointer worth ;-)

if, if, if ... It could be powered by squirrels on a treadmill, if you got enough of them.

Reply to
Just Wondering

You can still make a "frankentruck" or "frankenjeep" and even Unibofies can be "frankensteined" using structural steel.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

But you got to feed the damn tree rats.

Reply to
Markem

It sold for $310 CAN, still a good price I think.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I'll let you know if I see it going down the road .. behind a team, on a horse wagon .. :-) My $ 5. bid on the Veritas scrapers & burnisher didn't hold up. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Indeed. Particularly if one already has three-phase available...

I moved the PM66 planer but didn't hook up for years when came back to farm and tried to be satisfied w/ the Rockwell/Delta Model 13. But the

5" width difference and extra power became so frustrating bought the converter and wire up 3PH circuit for it...never regretted the additional outlay.

Would be the same sort of thing for a puppy of this sort...

Reply to
dpb

Replacing the motor with single phase is likely doable for that jointer.

Frozzy (FrozenNorth) hasn't posted since 2013. I found an email address for him and sent a note. Haven't gotten a response. Hope he's okay.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

That's the point at which the tradeoff between what need to supply the (much) larger current draw of the 1PH vs 3PH comes into play in making the decision as well.

For me, pulling that the length of the barn to where wanted the planer was much more trouble than being able to tap into the subpanel already near the area.

We had had a small feed mill there that had all the motor controls still there for it (all single phase, unfortunately; we don't have a 3PH tap from the co-op and to drop one of those would have required a re-do of the whole pole and pretty good fee) so had all the service needed for the current draw of the converter at the box but could then just run #10 for the planer itself instead of #4 or #6. Much easier to work with! :)

Reply to
dpb