Magnet for miniblind on steel door

I am installing a full view steel door soon, waiting for warmer temp. I bought full view aluminum mini blinds but do not want to drill into the steel door. I eyeballed some magnets on Amz but looking for advice. Should I just drill or are magnets an option?

Reply to
Thomas

Magnets would be a good option but if the blind is aluminum can you attach it to the magnet?

Rare earth magnets are quite strong so should work. If you need more options check Lee Valley. Look at the cup and washer for attachment

Ed Pawlowski

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 13:43:07 -0700 (PDT), Thomas posted for all of us to digest...

Magnets will not work on aluminum. Are you relating the blinds themselves or the hangers are aluminum? If the hangers are steel I would still not use magnets because the blinds will inevitably slide down the door. Perhaps epoxy may work. Depending on weight those 3M Command hangers may work. Other ideas will pop up. Let us know how you make out so we can all learn.

Reply to
Tekkie©

I missed your positioning of the magnets in my post. I still think the blinds will slide down but what do I know??

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 16:50:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

I just looked at the site. In the first page the had hangers for steel doors.

I have to look at this site more. This is good reading.

Reply to
Tekkie©

There's magnets, then there's M A G N E T S :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

They are alum blinds but the header is plastic. I figure tape or screw into plastic. I can add glue if it is a good idea.

Reply to
Thomas

I have some strong neos. They are the shizzle.

Reply to
Thomas

I've bought from them over many years. Good stuff, good service.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

One time I dropped my keys down the drain at the Union railway station in Baltimore. I had another set with me but I came back with a big magnet, from a large, worn-out speaker, I think. The drain went straight down about 15 or 20 feet to the ground below (but the keys had not come out the bottom). I also brought enough rope to reach, and I did pull out a 3 foot piece of rebar, attached to the magnet, but not the keys.

Reply to
micky

That would really depends on the key ring. I just tried min and the magnet will pick up the ring but the keys are all non ferrous.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski