What is it?

Here is link to a tool at auction (6 pics). "The Excelsior", What is it? I've done some research, but I'll let you start from scratch.

Bill

Le 30/04/2022 à 09:36, Bill a écrit :

a Platen machine, a kind of printing press

Reply to
ck

I agree that this looks like a type of printing press BUT Mexican Food Restaurants use a very similar machine, round plate, for turning balls of dough into round tortillas.

Reply to
Leon

It's definitely a "letterpress" printing press.

Scott Lurndal

A printing press. Here's one in use:

J. Clarke

It's a type (hahaha) of printing press. Looks like a good price with one day left on the action. Search for "Excelsior press" on ebay and the prices start at about $300.

Elijah

------ has a Vandercook rigid bed roller press for his printing needs

Reply to
invalid unparseable