What is it???

Ok - Picked up a entire tool chest at an auction and finally got around to going thru it. Found 3 things I have no idea what they are. First is a spindel w/ prong on it. It has the word IMP on it.

2nd is some type of dial indicator - as the bottom spins - the dial on the front rotates. 3rd - it was a box of "things" They are metal - pointy things w/ holes in the tips. The box was marked India on it.

Can anyone shed some light on what they are? Pics in A.B.P.W.

Thanks

-Rob

Reply to
Rob V

Server doesn't carry binary groups, sorry...

Second sounds like it might be a handheld tachometer....

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Reply to
Mike Berger

THats the thing - its not a plunger - the end spins.

Reply to
Rob V

Earlier post was right; hand held tach. They show up on ebay from time to time.

WAG on the "IMP": Maybe a Morse-taper cleaner/reamer? Are the bristles stiff, or what?

Are the pointy things hollow? I bet McMaster Carr sells them, but how the heck do you look it up!.

Post a note over on rec.crafts.metalworking; somebody there will certainly know what these things are.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Counts the revolutions per minute of the shaft it's placed on the end of.

Reply to
Battleax