Handled tee square for cutting

I've been watching a guy named Shoyan on youtube. He's quite impressive. He never uses a table saw - only a circ saw and a nice tee square with a handle as a cutting guide. I've done *some* googling, but can't seem to find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about/where to find them?

Reply to
Jay Pique

Le 29/04/2022 à 12:36, Jay Pique a écrit :

ck

Jay Pique snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com on Fri, 29 Apr 2022 03:36:28 -0700 (PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:

It might be a shop built device.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I was able to pause one of the videos and saw a manufacturers label but couldn't quite make it out. Definitely not shop made. ... ... Ok I'm back. It's a Shinwa product definitely. Apparently they dominate the market in Japan for measuring/marking/layout tools. And now I found a pdf of the catalogue and it appears that his is an older version of the Shinwa Circular Saw Guide L-Angle with Support plate in the 60cm length (his says 600mm). Their item code 77883.

Jay Pique

Nice looking stuff!

I'm troubled once again to see a tool I bought new referred to as "Vintage" as in the linked listing. I still have my Porter Cable saw guide and have done a lot of cutting with it over the years.

John Grossbohlin