Water Based Lacquer vs Paint

Have built a storage cabinet that will be hanging on the wall in a bathroom. Am now wondering what finish would be best. It will be black so do I use tinted (black) water based lacquer or black paint with varathene to top. Would prefer the lacquer because it would be spayed on, where as the paint and varathene would be put on with a brush, which is more time comsuming. All opinions wecome.
Vic

Why not just use a black urethane and be done with it?
replying to <victorj, ColorLife wrote: If I were doing this I would most likely use Pratt & Lambert's Aquanamel. It behaves and holds up like a oil-base paint but can be cleaned up with soap and water. It goes on smooth and sleek. It can also be sprayed if you have the appropriate equipment.