Water-based dyes

Can anyone direct me to information as to the hows/whys/wherefores and general properties of water-based wood dyes? I've read somewhere that they do not stain wood as well as solvent-based dyes. Thank you.

Reply to
Richard G. Dillman

Here's one article written by Jeff Jewitt:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

I've been using some of Jeff's dyes lately. I really like them. They are easy to use, don't muddy the grain. They're the best I've seen on maple.

Reply to
My Old Tools