Successor to Carver Tripp water-based finishes?

I used to use Carver-Tripp water-based wood stains and wa ter-based (or rather glycol-based) Danish wax.

Are pro ducts like these made today?

Reply to
MC

I never used the Carver stuff but for water based stains I have been very happy with General Finishes. Kind of an eco-green company which can't hurt. Their products are a bit different but I have found them to work quite well. Their WB stain has pigment like mud. You can either leave it un-mixed and get a wash coat effect using the liquid or you can also leave it unmixed and scoop out some of the mud and really grind in the color. Or of course mix it completly and use in a normal manner, although still thicker than most other types of stains I am familiar with. Seems to be very lightfast too. I have pieces I've kept for myself that have kept a good dark color in a sunny California livingroom for many years.

ther glycol-based) Danish wax.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com