vibrating sander needs pad

I bought a Milwaukee (model 6000) at a garage sale for $5.00, and it needs a new bottom pad, and I have a couple of other sanders in the same condition. Where and what can I find to replace the missing bottom pad? Most came with some kind of sponge pad or rubber, but I can't think of where I might find something like that. Carpet pad would be too spongy, and I don't know where I would find rubber that thick.

All ideas appreciated!

Reply to
ToolMiser

Contact Delta support for replacement parts would be my first suggestion

John

Reply to
John

IIRC Kingspor sell replacement pads for a variety of sanders.

Reply to
Leon

I think I'd try Milwaukee first see'n how it one of their sanders.

Nova

Dear Woodworker: Milwaukee Service Center....do a search for a dealer or repair station close to you.look under tool repair in the yellow pages...Good luck, Mike from American Sycamore

Reply to
Mike at American Sycamore

Skip the part dept. Use a computer mouse pad, Works perfect and is cheap or free.

Reply to
ShakasCaregiver

"Mouse pad" covers a lot of territory these days.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Attach with a little contact cement and ready to go.

Reply to
ShakasCaregiver
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

That's true... the thick rubber backed mouse pads do make an excellent replacement stick on sander pads, I have done two 1/3 sheet sanders & two palm sanders out of a large free advertising type mouse pad. If anything it is better than the original pad.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Great answers, I knew there was something that would work. I thought about Anti fatique mat material, but it is too thick.

You folks are alright!

Reply to
ToolMiser