Dayton electric motor capacitor, help identifying

I have a 2hp Dayton (Grainger) model# 6K393N that has a missing capacitor, I pulled the covers to check them, and one side, the longer cover was empty, just the 2 wires. I'm hoping someone has one with that model # that would be kind enough to look to see what value the missing cap should be. There have to be 1000's of those out there, I got it in a deal a while back, & hadn't tried to use it till the other day, it didn't take long to find the problem, but now to find out what cap it takes.....

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Hi, Google is your friend. Run capacitor is 5 MFD, 370V AC rating.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Both caps are missing? Google shows all kinds info about that motor.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

that has a missing

I spent quite a bit of time googleing before resorting to begging for help, can you tell me where you found it. The other cap is there, it is a 16mfd

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Grainger which distributes Dayton brand motors sells parts for many of the things in their inventory. I would try giving them a call.

Reply to
John Grabowski

- snipped-for-privacy@l9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

Sounds like the 5 mfd. is the run capacitor and the 16 may be for 'Power Correction Factor'? As Tony Hwang mentions there should be info via Google.

Reply to
stan

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@l9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

I would expect the 16 mfd cap is a start capacitor.

Run capacitors are always in the circuit (start caps only while starting) so they are more substantial - don't use a 'start' capacitor.

Reply to
bud--

has a missing

Hi, Do a search for starting capacitor Dayton 6K393 motor. And send an email to a parts supplier when you come up with one.

is the one to try. They sell caps for all kinds motor. I did a search using capacitor dayton 3K693 motor.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@l9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

Hi, Yes, start cap is much bigger in value as a general rule.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

On 9/9/2009 4:15 AM John Grabowski spake thus:

Well, duh! That's the first thing *I* would have done. What's up with the Googling, emailing, etc? Just call their toll-free number. They can find all kinds of stuff for you (especially since it's actually one of their products).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl