Wacker Plate Rubber pad

Large clay pavior project underway, I have a Wacker Plate model PVP

7553A which is a large 21" x 24" base, 85kg, 4kW (5.5hp) model

To consolidate the clays paviors in with jointing sand I should use a rubber pad base on teh Wacker .... but having trouble finding one (Wacker no longer stock this size)

Anybody ever made their own pad ? .... I need a piece of sheet rubber that will not come apart easily and put rubber all over the paviors ... which have quite an abrasive surface.

I have thought that the rubber sheet they use on conveyors may do, but where would I get a small piece of that ?

Any other suggestions welcome.

Reply to
Osprey

An insulating rubber mat as used in a substation (in front of the LV board) sounds like it'd be ideal for this - if you happen to be able to get hold of the maintenance dept. of your local REC, they're quite often thrown out once they get contaminated by oil, as they deform.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Unusual for Wacker, they seem a reliable company. Ask a few independant local hire companies if they can help.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

rubber

It's been know not to use a pad, but to ensure a reasonable covering of the dry sand when you wack to stop scratching the blocks

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I couldn't get a machine with a pad when I did mine. I didn't scratch any, but I had to change a few due to breakage.

tip for lifting single block: Piece of 4x2 the length of a block with a hole im middle to attach vaccuum cleaner hose, put draughtproofing strip around the edge of the face of the block of wood, put over block you wish to remove and start vacuum. lift wood complete with block.

Worked a treat. Will it still work with blocks laid for some time??

Reply to
<me9

Depends on the vacuum the machine can create..

1 psi on a 4x9 brick is about 36 lb, may aquavac can manage better than that.
Reply to
dennis