Veritas honing jig

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement roller for the Veritas honing jig. I've managed to put a flat spot on it while using it with Jap waterstones. It was only about the 3rd time I'd used it and I don't think the roller was sticking. Maybe I was inadvertantly braking it with my hand or something. Anyway, I'd much rather replace the roller than have to buy a whole new one.

Reply to
Donnie Vazquez

Anthony Diodati

The manual that comes with the jig says all parts are replaceable, and may be ordered directly from the manufacturer. The roller part number is 05X07.03.

Two snail mail addresses are in the manual. Neither a phone number nor a web address is provided.

Veritas Tools

1080 Morrison Dr Ottawa, ON K2H 8K7

12 East River Ave. Ogdensburg NY

13669

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

- Arthur C Clarke

Reply to
Ehvee8or

Veritas is Lee Valley's brand. Just give LV a call, and I'm sure they will help you out.

...Mike

Reply to
Mike Alexander

Donnie -

No charge for this - contact snipped-for-privacy@leevalley.com and we'll send you a new roller....

Or - if your street number is 55, then we have you on file - just email me and I'll set it up.

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Not that any of us need it, but here is just another example of why Robin and Lee Valley is the best!

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

sure Robin, you're gonna mail him his replacement - I had to drive all the way from Syracuse to Ottawa to get mine....;)

And what a trip it was too! I was invited by Robin to tour the new store and facilities just after it opened but unfortunately only made it there about 30 mins before closing time. That was long enough to pick up a replacement roller (thank you) plus a couple of other items (twin screw vise, bull-nose plane, a #80 and a few other goodies but had to forgo the tour.

I will be visiting again soon and I have my list!

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? You're not willing to personally hop in the car and hand-deliver it??? I am so upset at this level of customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

PS: Placed my first order w/ LV a few weeks ago and now have that "vilified" catalog in hand. I now understand why people ask for it to arrive in a plain brown wrapper.

Reply to
mttt

Yeah, the guy from Amazon does this all the time.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Manual? I didn't get no steenkin' manual.

Reply to
Silvan

Hell, I didn't know I had the last LV catalog until I happened to be emptying the garbage can in the "women's" bathroom here at the house ... that's the one where the seat is welded down so those tender buns don't get jolted on a cold dark morn ... seems like it went straight from the mailbox to there. If my last name was Spears, that would be grounds for instant annulment.

Reply to
Swingman

It's almsot enough to make you set up a separate mailbox for the shop.

Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

I guess next thing you'll be wanting to know when and where the meetings are held ...

Reply to
Groggy

Based on experiences I hear like this on the REC I've just ordered my first LV catalog.

Allen Catonsville, MD

Reply to
Allen Epps

I managed to do exactly the same thing. I think I should have put a bit of oil inside the roller early, perhaps LV uses graphite and it doesn't quite make it.

LV sent me a new roller, and it was easy to install. I removed the snap ring, but I don't think I needed too. Just get your allen wrench and loosen the brass knob on the shaft, then it will come off. then you can loosen the other set screw on the spacer and the shaft will come off allowing the roller to be replaced. Took about 8 minutes.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 01:58:55 GMT, "Groggy" brought forth from the murky depths:

I'm still looking in my 12-step manual for "shipping terms"...

--------------------------------------------------------------- Never put off 'til tomorrow |

what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications

Larry Jaques

Groggy notes:

How about the January catalog? Anyone else like that cover a lot?

Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

Thanks everyone, as you can see the problem has been taken care of by the king of customer service!

Reply to
Donnie Vazquez

... now if he'd bought it from us, then maybe we could've done better.... ;)

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

I live about halfway between the LV stores in London and Burlington, I never know which way to turn. Don

Reply to
Don