Leon

Yeah, Steve Bannon.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Yes.

I know you're an idiot, too.

Reply to
krw

And here we see an even dumber variety of idiot.

Reply to
krw

I've come to realize that the reason that USENET is dead is that the only people left are old timers and a few characters whose only joy in life seems to be insulting strangers.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I agree. Bannon is about as dumb as they come.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I see you're illiterate, too. No surprise, really.

Reply to
krw

Are you best friends with Trump?

Reply to
krw

looks square to me - the screw is hitting the anvill about where it should -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Reply to
J. Clarke

Also looks rather unstable - unless the base is filled with some kind of high-tech gravity booster - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Sand. It works OK on flat ground, a little wobbly at that height on uneven ground, fine just about anywhere with one less 2' section.

The advantage of the PVC base is that it's flat, so it can be weighted down with just about anything you might have a job site, from a tool box to a cooler to a bucket of dirt.

I actually have a metal stand made from the original tripod base to which I added an adjustable metal pole. (It's actually a tent pole from when I was in the Boy Scouts about 5 decades ago.) With the tripod base, I can raise the light to well over 10' on flat ground. Unfortunately, you can't weight down the base because of the slanted legs.

It was just a fun little project.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I like an old tire/wheel assembly with a post welded into an old hub - about 30 lbs of balllast

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Not quite as portable as either of mine.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You got plonked, You Win! LOL

Reply to
Leon

;-)

I love people who can dish it but can't take it.

Reply to
krw

No, you don't.

Reply to
notbob

Yeah, I do. I laugh at them constantly. There are *so* many of them around, these days. I've had my share of laughs at your idiocy, too. Go ahead and plonk me. I could use yet another gut buster.

Reply to
krw

Yer not worth the increased storage in my score file. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

They roll around a lot easier than yours - they just take more storage space - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder