unglue wood

On 11/7/17 3:56 AM, Just Wondering wrote:

Read the entire thread and you'll see that we already gave advice on how to fix the problem. Then, as always happens in here, we went off on tangents.
Are you new, here?
--

-MIKE-

You're just a kid. ;-)
CSPC crib safety standards started in 1973.
On 11/7/17 8:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

That explains a lot. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 9:25:09 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My sincerest apologies for using the word "legal" instead of "compliant". It's a good thing we've got you to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Hey...look at that. I got my point across anyway.
On 11/7/2017 6:43 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I do my best. Glad I could help.

And that's a good thing. Many old cribs still around from what I saw on the news.
On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:30:42 -0800 (PST) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

not enough info make an ascii diagram or point to the crib online
or just go on craigslist and find a replacement crib

Why don't you guys go out and build something rather than argue like those that belong in a crib.
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 8:33:12 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

LOL. Yeah, or buy a tool.
Leon, you need a clamp? ;-) https://houston.craigslist.org/tld/d/clamp/6335560831.html
I wonder if this is their actual asking price for the clamp!
Sonny
On 11/8/2017 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:

W O W !!!! I'll pass!
On 11/8/2017 12:51 PM, Leon wrote:

I think that's a Wilton 14298. Internet prices seem to range from $93 to $153, so $120 isn't all that ridiculous. Not that I'll be buying one.
On 11/8/2017 2:15 PM, Larry Kraus wrote:

On second look, that particular one is not only used, but looks like it has been overtightened and no would no longer clamp square.

looks square to me - the screw is hitting the anvill about where it should -

ironically, the pawn shop selling it is in Humble.
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 9:33:12 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Hey! Easy there big fella. I, for one, have been multi-tasking.
In between posts I built a $6 height-adjustable work light stand. ;-)
https://i.imgur.com/xm4Ho1g.jpg
On 11/8/2017 5:34 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I read where some light stands were being recalled. They could fall over into a crib, injuring the baby. Has this been inspected?
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 6:58:14 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I filled the base with broken spindles to weight it down.
On 11/8/2017 4:34 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Looks plasticy. ;~)

Also looks rather unstable - unless the base is filled with some kind of high-tech gravity booster - - -
On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 8:42:24 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

Sand. It works OK on flat ground, a little wobbly at that height on uneven ground, fine just about anywhere with one less 2' section.
The advantage of the PVC base is that it's flat, so it can be weighted down with just about anything you might have a job site, from a tool box to a cooler to a bucket of dirt.
I actually have a metal stand made from the original tripod base to which I added an adjustable metal pole. (It's actually a tent pole from when I was in the Boy Scouts about 5 decades ago.) With the tripod base, I can raise the light to well over 10' on flat ground. Unfortunately, you can't weight down the base because of the slanted legs.
It was just a fun little project.
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:12:35 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

I like an old tire/wheel assembly with a post welded into an old hub - about 30 lbs of balllast