whole shop of power tools

these look lightly used to me
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/d/wood-working-tools/6350525141.html
metal cabinets look good too
On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 9:56:09 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

I don't know what those cabinets cost so can't reply on them. But the listed price for all the other tools seems pretty close to new prices. Granted they do appear to be almost new for usage. Not sure about age though.
On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 22:20:40 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

The cabinets look like these: <https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gladiator-Ready-to-Assemble-Large-GearBox-36-in-W-x-72-in-H-x-18-in-D-Steel-Freestanding-Or-Wall-mount-Garage-Cabinet/3773589>
On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 22:56:17 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

The cabinets are a bargain comparing to current pricing here. - well under half price.
On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 22:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

it is a common human affliction to price things too high especially on craigslist
but you have to start with the price high because i am pretty sure that no one pays more than the asking price on craigslist
and i think most never pay even the asking price
from the looks of it some is selling everything so the best way to go is offer them one price for the lot
can be hard to pass up offers like that when you just want to get rid of stuff

Around here, Craigslist isn't very popular - another similar web site rules - Kijiji .. same idea though, I just posted 4 shop machines 10" table saw, 10" RAS, 3-wheel 16" bandsaw and a combo belt+disk sander all for $ 400. Old, well used stuff but working. ~ 6 replies for sanding machine only ; 2 for table saw ; 2 for the lot. I sold it all to a neighbour for $ 300. rather than dicker with a stranger. C'est la vie. John T.
On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 10:49:33 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:

I hear you. But for me, if you do not start with a realistic market price, then you will not even get people calling to dicker. I'm not going to was te my time to bargain you down from an unrealistic too high price. I'll on ly call for someone who knows what the real price is and starts there. The n they don't have to dicker or argue with a buyer because it is the correct price.
On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 15:16:44 -0800 (PST)

well you never know
high prices can often mean different things
sometimes it is due to just an unreasonable seller
sometimes due to a family that just lost a woodworker and has no clue what to price it at so they start high to be safe
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 9:20:01 AM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:

An analogy. House prices. If I was selling my house by myself, I would fi nd out what houses sold in my neighborhood over the past year. I can do th is through the county website for property taxes. Takes a little effort. If I was lazy, or an A Hole, and did not do this and decided to price my ho use at 50% above market price, I would not get a single person to walk thro ugh and see my house and would not get one offer. Someone selling tools ca n also figure out the real market price before they list it on Craigs List or wherever. If they don't then I can rightly conclude they are lazy and/o r an A Hole. They have no interest in selling the item and will not get me to look at it.
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:48:09 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Around here this past year you checked what the last house sold for and added 20%, The prices were going CRAZY. Slowed down a bit right now - but agents wouldn't even give you an evaluation this summer. - Everything was going for above listed price - with numerous bids
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:28:07 -0500

chinese are using foreign real estate as investment
there are places where houses are bought and never lived in and often times it is all cash
china has an excess of pretty much everything
manuf capacity liquid assets steel and other building materials people
have heard of new but uninhabited cities but sure if it is true
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:48:09 -0800 (PST)

sometimes they do not want to take the time to do research and rely on price discovery
which on craigslist means whatever someone will pay you and how bad you want to be rid of something
have gone to craigslist seller and got great deals by just talking it over
the point is you never know the seller or their mindset so if it is something you are interested in the worst that can happen is no deal