TS/Sawblade question #2 - Which blade for plywood.

Now that I know my TS is usable, which blade would be recommended for cutting 3/4" maple plywood.

-Stock (like new) 36 tooth blade

-Freud 50 tooth combo blade (thin kerf)

-Freud Diablo 60 tooth blade - currently in my miter saw

Even though plywood is 'layered', is cutting it length wise still equivilent to ripping while sideways would be more like crosscutting, as far as blade selection goes?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

IMHO, with plywood you want the most teeth do I'd go with the Diablo or the other Freud, probably not much difference. Forget the 36 tooth.

I've never thought about what is ripping and cross cutting on plywood. Like you say, it is a mix so it doesn't matter.

Reply to
Bruce

I have that blade and cut some plywood tonight to make a table top on a stand.. Nice edge, no splintering. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Ron asks:

Don't worry about the cross plies. I'd use the 60 tooth Diablo. Those are excellent blades, especially when the price is factored in. The 50 tooth combo will also work well.

Forget the stock blade.

Charlie Self

"Say what you will about the ten commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self