Ridgid vacuum surprisingly quiet

Orange Borg had decent post-Thanksgiving sale price on the Ridgid WD1245 shop vacuum. I'm just re-building a shop after many years, and I didn't have a vacuum, so I picked one up today. It's a 12 gallon, 5 SHP (Sears horsepower) unit.

My only experience with shop vacs are those that combine jet roar with that infernal high-pitched whine. When I switched this one on, I found it was surprisingly quiet, with very little whine. I made sure to choose one with a blower outlet so I could add a muffler, but I don't think I'm going to bother muffling this one.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

I got the same one, yer right, it's amazingly quiet compared to my Shop-Vac brand 12 gallon vacuum.

It seems to suck the same.

cesareDH

I replaced my Shop Vac this weekend with a Workshop brand. Quiet and so far very good with a 2½ hose.

for more info.

What I like about this brand is no need for those expensive bags. This unit will do the job in wait for a real dust collector.

D.Martin

Reply to
D. Martin