Ridgid BELT / SPINDLE Sander

Anyone use the Ridgid Belt/Spindle sander?

I am in the market for a spindle sander and like the dual use capability of this unit.

I generally only buy Delta, Jet, Makita, PC, etc. so I am a little concerned about the quality of Ridgid.

Any thoughts on or experience with this unit?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I'm happy with mine. The one I have is gray and was built by Emerson. The new ones are orange and I don't know who builds them now. The specs look the same though.

It takes only a minute to change from belt to spindle. It runs smooth. Does everything I expect. I can't think of a single project that did not get onto the sander.

Are there better sanders? Yes, but at much higher cost. The Delta BOSS is about the same price, but it is only a spindle sander. You still need a belt. If you have the money and space for both, get the Delta or Jet. If you want a good value, the ability to use either a belt or a spindle in minimal space, get the Ridgid. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Being a home shop and only occastional use, I chose the Ridgid as the best features for dollars. There are ones with bigger tables, but cost quite a bit more. Mine runs smooth, and it easy to change over. I have not complaints with it. My only problem is remembering to turn on the vacuum before starting to sand, hahaha.

Bernie PS: Mine is grey, not the new orange ones.

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

I am another weekend wood butcher who is satisfied with this tool. I mpst;y use the oscillating belt sander function. It is nothing fancy - it just works.

Reply to
Bob Haar

I have to agree with the other posts. For the money it is a great piece of equip. I picked mine up at the HD 20% sale. I have the gray colored one as well. Belt to spindle changeovers are a snap. The only thing I found was that it is a little noisy mechanically. Then again it has an oscillating, spinning belt, so I guess that is to be expected. I use muffs in the shop anyway. Very happy with mine.

Paul

Reply to
Paul in MN