Track saw or spindle sander

Let's say hypothetically you had $400 or so in Home Depot gift cards. Would you buy a Dewalt track saw or a Delta spindle sander?
Thanks.
On 4/23/2019 11:53 AM, Michael wrote:

This time of year I'd buy plants and gardening supplies.
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 1:00:50 PM UTC-5, Just Wondering wrote:

An understandable approach. However, for me, if there's an opportunity to buy a tool, I buy a tool.
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:05:26 -0700 (PDT), Michael

How about a new lawn-mower then???
On 4/23/2019 4:02 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

If he has a Honda mower, he probably does not need one. I just in the past few weeks put new/expensive wheels on my Honda, $120.00 ish. I bought that mower in 1987, paid almost $500 for it and hoped I was not throwing my money away.

I bought my 1959 Yazoo Pro for $15 way back in 1988-ish. The previous owner had just spent $65 having the carb and ignition gone over. I blew up the 3.5HP Briggs engine back in about 2012? and replaced it with a brand new 6.5HP Bolton Power Products CHONDA motor for $85 and I've rebuilt the main spindle twice at a cost of less than $25 each time. I've replaced the rear tires (20 inch BMX) and replaced the sheet metal portion of the deck with stainless steel countertop that I got for nothing. Will likely outlast me at this rate.I likely have about $500 invested including all the gas I've put through it - - - My lot is 1/3 acre.
I still have a 1957 Lawn King 19 inch mower too with the original Lauson engine on it (Magnesium deck) and I have a Toro and a John Deere that I've salvaged curb-side that are both over 25 years old and in excellent operating condition (both alloy decks as well) I've got to clear tose out this spring to make room in my shed - - -
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 3:36:43 PM UTC-4, Clare Snyder wrote:

I've had the same hammer for over 35 years. I've replaced the head twice and the handle 3 times. Love that tool! ;-)
On 4/24/2019 4:10 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The CPU does not seem to be aging well though. ;~)
On 4/24/2019 2:36 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

Buy aside from a couple of spark plugs and air filters, I have only replaced the wheels.
You have to love stuff that lasts. ;~)
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 1:57:52 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Yes, sir. He has a Honda mower. The tires are worn, but the motor runs like it's 2006.
On 4/24/2019 8:26 PM, Michael wrote:

2006???? Have you even burned a tank of gas yet? LOL
I was looking at the Commercial series before buying the wheels. Double the price I paid 32 years ago but they use the same style OHV engine with direct drive to the hydro-static trans, roto stop engagement lever, engine speed lever, and self propel bar. If it works, don't change it.
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 12:53:59 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:

ld you buy a Dewalt track saw or a Delta spindle sander?

I suspect YOUR answer is dependent on what you do. If you are a shop woodw orker making furniture, then the spindle sander probably, maybe, has more u se since it would be needed for smoothing all curves, edges. Whereas, if y ou are a carpenter going from job to job, then the track saw might be more useful since you are frequently cutting plywood and maybe putting straight edges on lumber. And cutting off doors and/or siding. Not that you can't use a track saw in the shop to cut up plywood and straight line rip lumber too.
I already own a track saw, so I'd be more interested in the spindle sander for me personally. But that is me, not you.

Actually a disk sander is best for convex curves. Spindle sanders are better for convex curves.

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 1:12:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Would you buy a Dewalt track saw or a Delta spindle sander?

oodworker making furniture, then the spindle sander probably, maybe, has mo re use since it would be needed for smoothing all curves, edges.

Guessing you mean CONCAVE curves for the spindle sander. I think concave i s the inside of a circle, hole cut into a piece of wood. Whereas convex is the outside of a circle you cut from wood. So an "S" has both concave and convex curves. And you need both sanders for an "S"!!!
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 2:39:07 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

. Would you buy a Dewalt track saw or a Delta spindle sander?

woodworker making furniture, then the spindle sander probably, maybe, has more use since it would be needed for smoothing all curves, edges.

is the inside of a circle, hole cut into a piece of wood. Whereas convex is the outside of a circle you cut from wood. So an "S" has both concave a nd convex curves. And you need both sanders for an "S"!!!
I was "taught" to remember that the word concave contains the word "cave" and a cave is something that goes inward.
On 4/23/2019 2:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Correct.

Yeah, yeah. LOL. Concave. I said convex twice, oops.
On 4/24/2019 1:53 PM, Leon wrote:

[snip]

Don't two "vexes" make a "cave"? Oops, I guess I was thinking of three rights making a left! ;)
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 6:13:49 PM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused w rote:

rs are

an

I'm vexed about all this...but I like caves.
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 17:13:46 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do.