Should I buy a Shopsmith scrollsaw Model 555272

I have a chance to purchase a used Shopsmith scrollsaw Model 555272. It is the stand alone model
This is the very old model that Shopsmith no longer supports. The saw does not have the conversion for blade replacement.
The asking price is $50 and if I can get the conversion kit from Shopsmith for around $55, I would have over $100 invested into a very old machine.
I have looked around the internet to see what others have said, and in general it is a good saw, but being old and not supported with parts, it can become just an anchor.
Also on the extreme chance that anyone has the manual for this, can you let me know. I can order it from Shopsmith for about $10, but as others have said it is a poorly reproduced (copy machine) copy.
Thanks
On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 7:52:09 PM UTC-5, www.ttdown.com wrote:

It all depends on whether you need a $100 tablesaw or not
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 5:49:19 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:

I am guessing the better question is whether he needs a $105 SCROLLSAW. Ta blesaws have nothing to do with his question. So, do you need, want a scro llsaw for the detailed intricate cutting it does? If so then get it. Tool s breaking is not a huge problem in the world. Yes some do break. But gen erally its new ones. Not ancient old tools that have already been used hun dreds of hours already. They are well broken in and have proven they are t ough enough to handle their jobs.
On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 8:52:09 PM UTC-4, www.ttdown.com wrote:

Here's a couple of pages from the manual to get you started...
http://shopsmith.com/ss_forum/maintenance-and-repair-f10/scroll-saw-555272-free-standing--t17038.html
On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 8:52:09 PM UTC-4, www.ttdown.com wrote:

It's $23, but seems to be a decent copy...
https://www.ebay.com/i/382903614291