Should I buy a Shopsmith scrollsaw Model 555272

I have a chance to purchase a used Shopsmith scrollsaw Model 555272. It is the stand alone model

This is the very old model that Shopsmith no longer supports. The saw does not have the conversion for blade replacement.

The asking price is $50 and if I can get the conversion kit from Shopsmith for around $55, I would have over $100 invested into a very old machine.

I have looked around the internet to see what others have said, and in general it is a good saw, but being old and not supported with parts, it can become just an anchor.

Also on the extreme chance that anyone has the manual for this, can you let me know. I can order it from Shopsmith for about $10, but as others have said it is a poorly reproduced (copy machine) copy.

Thanks

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

It all depends on whether you need a $100 tablesaw or not

Reply to
Dr. Deb

I am guessing the better question is whether he needs a $105 SCROLLSAW. Ta blesaws have nothing to do with his question. So, do you need, want a scro llsaw for the detailed intricate cutting it does? If so then get it. Tool s breaking is not a huge problem in the world. Yes some do break. But gen erally its new ones. Not ancient old tools that have already been used hun dreds of hours already. They are well broken in and have proven they are t ough enough to handle their jobs.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Here's a couple of pages from the manual to get you started...

DerbyDad03

It's $23, but seems to be a decent copy...

DerbyDad03