Anybody Need A 540 lb Anvil? Comes With A Stand!

$2,400
Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650
https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls/d/east-rochester-forge-equipment-power/6872290390.html
He'll help you load...
On 4/24/2019 10:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Thanks for the link. My anvil is not worn out yet but it can't hurt to have a spare around in case mine breaks when the stores are closed.
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 19:30:52 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

... if I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the mor-oor--ning ..
John T.
On 4/24/2019 10:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I wonder if it'll fit in the trunk of my small Honda?
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Anvils are that expensive? Link says the anvil cost $3250 new. Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did not use it. What is up with that?
On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 11:49:16 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought. The guy probably doesn't know what he's doing or was to do. Any knowing smithy can do most any job with a much smaller anvil.
Sonny
On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 09:49:12 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

I think someone has been watching "Forge in Fire" and entered the arena with high hopes and little knowledge?
On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 12:49:16 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

He's trying to rip people off. You can get it for $3245.
https://meadersupply.com/products/big-blu-anvil-w-stand?variant#379096199

I'll bet there's lots of us wondering the same thing.
He does post a nice ad though. ;-)

Probably watched too many episodes of _Forged in Fire_.
On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 3:08:53 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Well.... Back twenty, thirty years ago, when This Old House was still newish, and Norm had his furniture making show, I suspect a few of us bought woodworking tools because of watching those shows. I confess.
On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 19:24:39 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Well.... Some of us were hooked twenty or thirty years before that. ;-)
On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 11:26:12 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I remember that soon after I bought my first router I was watching the New Yankee Workshop. I was pretty pumped that I had bought a really cool tool. Then I realized that when Norm wanted to rout a certain profile, he didn't change router bits, he changed routers. He had a big drawer that held at least a half dozen routers. That brought me right back down to earth.
Now I have 3 - full size, trim and one in the router table, so I'm still changing bits.
On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 04:40:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

I have six, three full-size (one needs new brushes), trim, and two in tables/lifts (one of the lifts doesn't get used anymore but given some time I may build it into my saw table).
Changing a bit isn't a big deal but it takes time, something they don't have a lot of between commercials. That's something I don't have much of, either, but saving time on a bit change isn't going to help.