Totally OT What we woke up to in the Houston area

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

Leon

Nice! We get some tomorrow night.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The right kind of snow, no shoveling and roadways are clear. Houston is almost in lock down though. LOL

Reply to
Leon

You should print that first one out for your Christmas Cards. All we are getting is a 36 hr drizzle.

Reply to
G Ross

Good Idea, I send out Christmas Letters and this might make a good back ground. We had the drizzle for the previous 2 day, 1" of drizzle.

Reply to
Leon

We're getting that now. My son was complaining that we're getting snow earlier than they are (Vermont). They can have it. Snow is one of the reasons we left Vermont (other sorts of snowflakes are another).

Reply to
krw

That's more than we have up here in Waterloo Ontario (The Great White North)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Bought a snowblower last year, did not snow at all, best $600 insurance ever spent.

Reply to
Markem

No kidding???????

I think you got more snow than I did the entire last winter. I'm about 900 or so miles due north of you. It is probably a bit colder here than you a re in Houston. 18 degrees low last night and high of 25 this afternoon. B ut it is really sunny and clear skies.

Reply to
russellseaton1

We probably will not see this again for 5~9 years. LOL Seems it snows here after a sopical storm of hurricane affects our area.

Reply to
Leon

LOL. Did you notice that some one used the snow blower before I took these pictures. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

My nephew and his wife live in Norman OK. They wanted me to send the snow up there. LOL

It is all gone now and or as of shortly after 2:00 pm this afternoon. We only got down to 33.3. I think if it had been a few degrees cooler there would have been more. We watched it for 4 hours last night and it was melting the second it hit the ground. We were shocked this morning, apparently it came down heavier during the wee hours of early morning.

Reply to
Leon

Totally picturesque.

Nice! What makes it so cool is no icy sidewalks and driveways. Hard to believe in Houston area.

We have a different kind of snow here, ashes and golden skies.

Reply to
OFWW

I was listening to talk radio on the way home. Evidently, some of the Northern suburbs have had 8" so far. We're on the South side. There was no accumulation (just wet) at work when I left. The roads around my house are snowed over but not slippery. My driveway is slick.

Reply to
krw

Our creator doing his thing. ;~)

Exactly and it was powdery. There were bridge and overpass problems but otherwise a winter wonderland for a few hours.

Yeah it has been one hell of a year.

Reply to
Leon

Corpus Christi, TX, on the bay and about 200 miles SW of here, where I grew up, had 6 inches.

Reply to
Leon

Snow sucks. I thought I left it behind.

Reply to
krw

I spent last weekend installing a twist lock inlet and back feed breaker so I can run my house on my new-to-me generator if we get a bad storm this year - like we did last year. I'm getting to old to say "It's an adventure."

Of course, now that I'm all set up to handle the worst, we'll never lose power again.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Cheap insurance. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Yeah, I got a great deal on the generator, so the electrical parts were more or less free. ~$550 all in for 5000W ready to rock the house.

If I never use it, I'll amortize the cost over the rest of the time that I live here. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03