electric truck gets 4 doors

only adds nine inches but of course impacts other aspects but not too drastic

pros more cargo space more pax space

cons lower break angle but this is minor little more weight more expensive reduced range but probably only by small amount

the axles are very beefy and usually only seen on high end four bys

supposed to start shipping two door models as soon as 2019 the price needs to come down but no idea how they would achieve that not sure about rebates but i think there are state and federal rebates and even some local rebates from power companies

so those could add up to significant savings

funny the ceo slash engineer was motivated by getting stuck more than once in his full size chevy

Reply to
Electric Comet

Exactly how "beefy".

I recall telling a home mechanic about Internation Havester 4WD's. He told me, "IH's suck cuz they only 3/4" axles. My ford 4WD p/up has 1" axles".

Zat true?

nb

Reply to
notbob

Just wait till they do some deep water river crossings, or mud slogging.

Then someone will throw on some 54"'r's and do some crazy stuff and bust the axle's with the high torgue especially in mud pits.

Reply to
OFWW

Electric Comet was heard to mutter:

Truck? That's not a truck. That's an SUV up for debate on off-road ability.

You want an electric truck? Look here...

And these electrics are being ordered in droves...

Casper

Sysco is buying them cuz they are expected to eventually have "self-driving" capability and then they can save all kindsa $$$$ by laying off drivers and killing their union's political power.

Also, the below "signature line" is supposed to disappear when I respond. You have done it incorrectly. It should be 'hyphen' 'hyphen' 'space' (-- ).

Reply to
notbob

For certain very small values of "droves".

And they have yet to deliver one.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Prolly cuz they haven't perfected 'em, yet, plus they prolly cost twice as much as a regular semi. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

suev is what you mean

ok debate it

portal axles alone put it in class almost by itself

Reply to
Electric Comet

The new acronym I see being used is SUT for sport utility truck. Apparently you can't sell something new without the right fad or generational moniker.

Debate what?

Probably but I don't really care what it's called as long as it works and lasts. I've grown weary of the disposible life we've evolved into.

Reply to
Casper

notbob was heard to mutter:

I have doubts about living long enough to see a world of self-driving vehicles. If it reduces accidents and insurance, I'm good with it.

I won't debate unions. I did my union stint and am done with them. I've had better luck being non-union.

No idea what you are talking about.

Reply to
Casper

J. Clarke was heard to mutter:

I am surprised they have so many orders for these trucks already. I would have expected them to be considerably smaller numbers given Tesla has been behind on other vehicles.

Because they need to be built? This really isn't an instant gratification world.

Reply to
Casper

That is painfully obvious:

Study the above website. Get a clue. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

No. It jes tries to make you believe it is. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

It's easy to talk the talk. Until they actually start delivering these trucks we don't know that they can walk the walk.

As for "so many orders", the truck-stop chain that was mentioned earlier owns more trucks themselves to deliver gas than Tesla's to-date total truck sales. They're selling small quantities to companies that have deep pockets and are willing to try it out. Those sales may lead to more sales or may not depending on how they work out in the real world.

Fix your antivirus--this is not email and we do not particularly enjoy seeing ads.

Reply to
J. Clarke

^ He's saying that you need to convert the third hyphen, above, to a space, immediately followed by a carriage return. This is a Usenet standard for signatures. It really does matter that it's correct.

Otherwise, your signature gets posted on other's posts.

Reply to
krw

Then you must truly hate EVs.

Reply to
krw

True.

It does not matter that Usenet preceded 'gobble gropes' by a long-shot. Do what you want. Everyone else does ....and it's killin' Usenet. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Nope. Perhaps e-SUV or eSUV. In my world suev means Atomoxetine.

Reply to
Casper

/sigh ... not my signature. Direct input by the AVP.

New PC build requires fine tuning. It's turned off. You can all untie the knot in your panties now. ;)

SiG: Welcome to USEnet. Adjust your reality.

Reply to
Casper

So *make* it into a signature. ...or better yet, get rid of that shit.

It does make a difference.

No, it's not.

Reply to
krw