Tormek Jig for Gouges (SVD-185)

I need a little help. I have a Tormek and the Jig for Gouges and turning cutters (SVD-185). It works great to sharpen turning gouges. One drawback is that jig only works for gouges one inch or less in width. The Tormek website does not have any gouge jigs for anything any wider. I have two one-and-a-quarter inch wide gouges that need sharpening. Has anyone come up with a solution? I'm not brave enough to try and sharpen the gouges by hand.

Kevin Preston

Reply to
Kevin Preston

What about the SVS-50?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Some general tips

There is a forum for Tormek users. That's the best place to ask these sort of questions. The guy who does the US support, Jeff Farris, answers frequently.

- check the book. You can download the PDF file.

Let me check..

I think you may need the SVS-50 (Multi-Jig). Accoring to the book it can handle carving gouges 1" to 2" in width

It's described on page 68 in my book.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Are youb familiar with the Wolverine System by OneWay and it's clones? Basically you can use the Wolverine with a Tormek if you mount the system properly.

Now I'm not suggest>I need a little help. I have a Tormek and the Jig for Gouges and turning

Reply to
Bradford Chaucer

Thanks. I was just using the SVS-50 the other day to sharpen some skew chisels. Did not realize it would work on wide gouges as well. I also checked out the forum and discovered a few other little items I was not doing right.

Bottom line - 20 minuets with the Tormek and the right Jig and the gouge is sharp enough to shave with. Neat and useful tool.

Reply to
Kevin Preston