To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote

Isn't that the Politically Correct Prize?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I've no idea, I just hope Peace Prize Boyz I-III (Carter, Gore, Obama) all enjoyed the Crackerjacks that enclosed their prize...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:15:56 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

supported off the ground, on piers?!? Whut up wi dat?

You meant "urea/formaldehyde-free" didn't you? I've seen bamboo ply for cabinets as low as $94/sheet. I haven't seen it up close, though. But if the client wants it, just have them adjust their budget up for it. It's only a grand more for a really beautiful kitchen.

OK.

They've sure shot up recently, haven't they? Wow!

Maybe they're taking Clintoon's stance, depending on what the meaning of VOC is...

So, what brands are not shippable, please? I want to look into this deeper.

-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Clay soil, which is capable of heaving up to 24" in some parts of this area. Engineered design spec, based on soil test, called for minimum 12" void space under grade beams.

I routinely build what is known as a "structural slab, with void space" foundation in this area (Houston, 150 mile SE of where the pictured site was), we have a similar clastic clay herem and I usually use cardboard cartons to establish the void space ... can't do that with a 24" x 24" grade beam! :)

Left that all important word out during my brain fart when trying to remember how to spiel "formaldehyde". :)

Believe it or not, Min-Wax makes a 250 VOC compliant complement to their normal stains. The client was dead set on Cherry235 in her color scheme, but the 250 VOC compliant product is not for sale here, and Min-Wax would NOT ship it to Texas ... go figure?

I called repeatedly, and systematically went up the chain of command, to no avail.

Reply to
Swingman

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:20:57 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Good food and no wine. I'm an ex-drunk with 24-1/2 years of sobriety and other than his stash in the camper, no alky comes here, ever.

Marilyn may have Christmas alone. (He's gonna be real late if things keep going like they have.) I haven't seen his update today, hold one.........OK, it looks as if he's siphoning the vineyards in Morelia still, or maybe he's found a winery in Mexico City. No update available since Monday, but I'm sure he found a u-joint, as Mexico is full of other Chebby lovers, especially pickup drivers.

It looks like he's about halfway through his Mexico drive, at least until they head south to Central America.

As I told him, I'm mighty glad he's not driving a jacked-up, tricked- out, shiny, brand new pickup. He'd have lost it by now, I'll bet. In the old beater, he's experiencing the friendly natives instead. This is a good thing. I've been as far south as Purerto Vallarta, and the Mexican people there are very friendly and nice; just great people.

I wish 'em luck!

-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:20:57 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Aw, shit. I just checked the morelia, michoacan weather and it's 72F right now, at 5:41pm Thursday. It's beautiful, the lucky sap. ;(

-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:05:18 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

I rectum not.

Very weird! So, the client wants an all-natural house, except she wants the wood to be desoiled with oogly reddish brown shit? Did I get that right? Figgers. Hmm, no, I guess not:

's not a bad color after all. Most wimmenfolks think cherry is like this gawdawful sangria:
's your clearcoat over that crap, NC lacquer?

I just left a message on Minwhacked's site asking why that color in lo-VOC isn't available in TX and if it's available in OR. Stay tuned.

-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Err, I hate to admit it, but that Cherry235 is what the OverLord wanted on the murphy bed, and since she does the finishing, that's what she got. Along with a a (3) top coats of MinWhacks satin water base whatever it is.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:27:43 -0700, the infamous Doug Winterburn scrawled the following:

It's waterborne polyurinestain, of course.

Note to Swingy: I have no idea why you had trouble. Here's the reply from Minwhacked:

"Dear Larry,

Thank you for contacting Minwax. We appreciate your inquiry.

The 250 VOC compliant version of our Wood Finish Stain is available for all stores to order if they so choose. However, if you live in a state where the laws do not make this product mandatory for sale in gallons, the stores will not likely carry it. The UPC for the Cherry

250 VOC is 027426710795.

You may ask your local stores to order the product on your behalf. The gallons will come in case quantities of 2.

I hope this information is helpful. Please reply with e-mail history if you require additional assistance.

Regards, Kim"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yep. BTDT. :(

Now, it would be interesting for you to try to order some and see if you actually get it.

May be because I was in a little town in Texas (Bastrop), but I simply could NOT get the product (1 gal) shipped to the Lowe's in Bastrop, Texas in July of 2009.

Believe me, I don't easily accept "no" for answer when it comes to work related issues.

Too late now, but let me know if you do manage to get some actually shipped.

Reply to
Swingman

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:54:49 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Me? Order STAIN? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! He make joke.

I might try dye some day, but unless the customer orders something matched and orders me to use stain, I don't touch that shit. My nickname it is RBS for "reddish brown shit". I was seriously angry with the last client who did that to me, forcing me to use PolyShades, the worst of two evils. (Holding up fingers in sigh of a cross) Ptui!

But she did say it was ordered in a minimum of a 2-gallon case but the folks who stock the rest of their crap. I would suggest that bLowes has their own ideas for that, so try a paint store instead. Call the local Sherwin Williams store and ask if you really want to know.

BTW, if this happened last summer, what did you finally use on the cabinets? And why do you ever use Minwhacked?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Cherry235, just like the client wanted. I build'em, I don't paint'em.

Besides, I'm colorblind.

Reply to
Swingman