To Drby Dad

Again with this nonsense. There's no evidence that historians lean in any particular direction as a group, nor is there any evidence that universities lean one way or the other as a whole.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

For the era's that I am referencing above, I not only studied but lived and experienced that history.

Just take the Mexico to Texas illegal border crossings. That was under much better control under Trump.

Now that Biden has resumed importing future voters the Illegal border crossings have hit hundreds of thousands per MONTH.

That is enough people to populate a small city every month. Extend that out a year and that populates a city that probably will fall in the largest 10 cities in the US. Go 3 years and you have filled a city with only New York City being larger. And all of these figures are actually coming from the biased news coverage at the borders.

No one believes this to be untrue and no one believes that the lowest unemployment in their life times, during Trump before Covid, was untrue.

Reply to
Leon

+50,000
Reply to
Leon

How long has it been since you were in college? My son graduated with his Masters about 11 years ago. He did well, 3 professors perused trying to have him to change his major, one of those wanted him to go for his doctorate and teach at that university/college. He very often commented that most of his professors leaned left with their comparisons and comments during their lectures. I am guessing I am saying he was smart enough to notice that as opposed to many of the left persuasion students thinking that the lectures were what they normally hear in their circles.

Reply to
Leon

What era is referred to above? And unless you formally studied history at the post secondary level, you're not an historian, nor have you any idea what an historian does.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. Experience trumps, no pun intended, any thing that is written.

Reply to
Leon

Today, there ARE only two choices. Yours is clear.

Reply to
krw

You clearly have your beliefs, and I have mine. I don't have to justify my beliefs to someone on Usenet, nor do I have to accept your beliefs.

You have a certain way about posting that you antagonize and very much attempt to coax a response out of the other party. You are an instigator, and LOVE to argue. I'll have to pass on that, thanks.

Reply to
Michael Trew

Not in the slightest, further Libertarian. I'm not in the slightest against free speech, I'm not sure where you pulled that convoluted notion from. It isn't black and white, but it seems that you like it that way with Dems vs. Repubs. Why have more parties and options when it can just be two sets of assholes on opposite sides of the political spectrum arguing with each other all day all the while getting nothing done? That's a solid idea that you have there.

Reply to
Michael Trew

It seems that your definition of "left" is synonymous with "bad", and anyone that doesn't directly agree with your specific mindset is "left". Gotcha, makes perfect sense now.

Reply to
Michael Trew

Thanks for showing your ignorance.

The ballot has many choices. In the last presidential election I chose Not Trump. There are people on both sides I'd never vote for.

I make my own choices and don't follow the lead of Putin.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The problem is that if a bunch of people choose different "not Trumps" then Trump wins.

Reply to
J. Clarke

He didn't though. Both parties had better candidates in the Primary but they didn't make it.

Both parties have been taken over by the extremists. My issue is that because I did not vote for Trump someone made the assumption I support AOC. An incredibly dumb assumption.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Your experience is too limited to extrapolate beyond yourself.

That's the difference between you and a real historian.

The state is far bigger than Houston. The Country is far bigger than Texas. The World is far bigger than the USA. The Solar system is far bigger than the Earth. The Galaxy is far bigger than the Solar System. The Universe is far bigger than the Galaxy.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

As much as I try to stay out of political discussions in a woodworking newsgroup, I have to give you a huge +1 on that comment.

Where it gets even more tiresome is when the discussion isn't even related to politics. Two people are going back and forth on a non-political issue, it gets heated and someone (even in this newsgroup) comes back with "You're an idiot, just like all leftists."

I wonder if those people do the same thing when they are sitting around the table with family and friends. I truly believe that the anonymity of the internet makes it too easy for people to say things that they would never say to the same person if they were face to face. They might discuss the same topic, but they would be a lot more civil about.

(Let's see what I get called for making these comments.)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

+100
Reply to
Markem618

Naive for thinking the idiots don't do it to their families' faces?

How's that?

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The ones that bug me go something like: My cat has fleas--what should I do about it? <semiproductive discussion of flea powder vs flea dip vs flea collar vs other flea remedies ensues>

TRUMP CAUSED IT! And that's the end of that discussion.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yes, this +1

Reply to
Michael Trew

Absolutely! I've been saying this for years. When there is no face to the name, people get bold. I am who I am; I'm not much different in person.

Reply to
Michael Trew